PC dubbed Penelope after finishing her metamorphosis and other news

 Broke out the birthday presents today. 

While sitting at the office, mask on face, very distanced from everyone, I upgraded this beast of a 4 yr old PC to Windows 10. And she survived! To mark the occasion I named her Penelope. 

Present #1 was the "My Life in France" book about Julia Child, written with her nephew, Alex. I read probably 1/3 of the book while waiting for Penelope the PC to finish her metamorphosis from caterpillar to butterfly. 




Once her status was a most satisfying green screen, we did a checkup on her and dubbed her well. Off we went to go figure out what to make for dinners next week. 

As part of that, I dug into the box and found a small recipe book in my new crockpot extraordinaire. After comparing recipes and what might fit in this week, we landed on French Onion Soup and added ingredients to the grocery list. 

After reading so much French cuisine, of course I had to find a fish dish to make a la Julia. So I dug in and found a fish with Alexandre sauce. 

The rest of the week is filled with things Hubby and the kids would eat. Mostly hamburger meals to be honest. 

It's a lot easier to use the Win 10 OS than I thought, so it was a pretty good day. We even got takeout, as is going to be our norm for a while on Fridays while I'm in breads class.

Stay tuned for some blathering on about making french meals and such. 

I'm off to make oatmeal raisin cookies for Tai Chi class tomorrow !

--Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!