Losing the COVID-19+ in 97 days

                     

                                               

Motivational Poster #1


Hello World.  How's the pandemic treating you lately?

Me? Sick of being overweight, I set a weight loss goal and plugged it into my weight loss app. It told me I would likely meet my goal by November 26th. Thanksgiving, essentially. That seems so far away. It's only August. (Sigh.)

I counted weeks and it was 14. That seems far away too. 97 days. Ugh. This isn't helping.

There aren't enough motivational posters. I mean. Are there?  97 is a lot, right?

Except that there are. I found 97 posters. Can you believe it?

Just how many people were trying to lose weight like me, anyway?  
I looked it up. Turns out 49% of Americans are trying to lose weight right now.  Multiply that by 328 million Americans... that's 164 million people are trying to lose weight, give or take. 

Jeez. 

So... to keep myself on track,  I could post every day for the next 97 days and theoretically, lose the weight with a new motivational poster every single day. Would anyone read it? Even just to see what 97 posters I found? I mean, we are all pretty bored here. 

I have no real plan, to be honest. I just want to start acting like weight loss is not ALL there is to my life. I'm tired of hearing myself say "I gotta lose weight!" I need a new mantra. 

To motivate myself this morning, I wrote in my planner "when I  have a full belly, I don't eat for the mouth". I'm sure some of you 164 million can relate. I need to staple this to my forehead. Or maybe the refrigerator. And the cupboard. 

See, the "motivated, goal oriented Vicky" does her best work in the morning. By after dinner she just doesn't give a rats patootie. "Go ahead, make hot chocolate out of the leftover Lindor truffles. I mean really, you can call it a new recipe and put it in your next cookbook," says she. 

Then "motivated, goal oriented Vicky" wakes up irritated at "Doesn't give a rat's patootie Vicky" once again. Vicious cycle. They really hate each other. 

Anyway, don't expect much because I'm typically motivated for like three days and then give up. Usually. 

Unless it works?

--"Motivated Vicky"





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138