Day 2 - The Ugly Apple Dumplings

The Ugly Apple Dumpling

Ugly Apple Dumpling finished


 This one should be easy. 

All it calls for is puff pastry, which I decided to buy, not make, raisins, apples, cinnamon sugar, and egg wash. 

The problem is, trying to get the dumpling to look pretty. 

I only had enough pastry for 3 of them, so I gave the extra apple to the boy. I'm fairly certain he didnt explode when he ate something good for him, so that's a plus. 

Laid out pastry dough

Adding cinnamon sugar and raisins to the center


I folded it a few times, sort of like pleats in a dress. 

As you can see it kinda looks ... weird. 



I was to cut out a circle and put it on top to make it look decorative, but didnt have enough pastry for that. So I stuck a raisin on top. This will likely burn, you know, but it holds the pleats together. 

yep I was right, the raisin burned and the edges were a bit singed. 

Baked apple dumlings


I gotta admit tho, they turned out to be pretty darn good. I'd even say it turned into a swan, much like the ugly duckling story. 

Completed Apple Dumpling aka The swan

I recommend it, truly. Give it a chance next time you get your hands on some puff pastry. 

Until next time, 

Stay tuned, day 3 coming soon!

Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake