Day 3: Walnut Breads

 This week's quick breads were Orange and Lemon walnut breads: 

Lemon Walnut Bread


Orange Walnut Bread

Another fun fact about the cookbook is that sometimes the recipe is made for the BIG machines. This means instead of a quick bread about a pound or so, we end up with 5 pounds of quick bread. 

This means I need to put my training to use again and figure out what a 1 pound loaf might be. Because I wanted to try both lemon and orange, I made both at the same time, so I cut the recipe by 5 and then doubled it. 

This is the math. Seems like I got it right since it turned out okay. But I couldve gone with 2 pounders. 


No baking job can be done without a mess, sadly. 
This one was fairly spectacular, actually. 
In order to make pastry flour, I mixed cake flour and all purpose (1:1) . My technique left a bit to be desired ,however. I put them both in a bowl and put the lid on, then shook it. 
the mess!

The breads turned out well, however. So its all good.
Next week, we get into rolls. 

See you then!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake