A new way of eating, week 1 part 2

Soups!
So in the lunch meals that I haven't had so far there are actually 3 different types of soup. 
Since Hubby and the kiddos went up north a day earlier than I, I made not only the three soups but some zucchini casserole for tomorrows dinner. 

I just had "potato soup" and "vegetable soup" as my guide along with approved foods. They didn't include onions, so I had a small challenge there. 

For the Potato Soup: 
Redskin potatoes, chopped 
Celery chopped, 
carrots, chopped
2/3 c chicken broth
garlic paste - 1 dollop
Water
1 T pampered chef dill mix

For the Vegetable soup: 
Carrot, sliced
Celery, sliced
zucchini, diced
Tomato sauce - fresh from canned by farmer
1 T italian seasoning

For the Lentil soup: 
1 c lentils
1 c cut up tomatoes
2 bunches spinach
hand full of chopped carrot

Now I am letting them cook while I wait for the casserole

Zucchini casserole: 
2 c sliced zucchini
6 oz chopped slices of swiss
2 eggs
1 c whole wheat bread crumbs
1 c skim milk
Topped with parmesan cheese

Smells good. Hope it tastes good too!

V.

Comments

  1. Interesting ! I wonder why you aren't allowed to use onions. I wonder also if Onion Salt or Onion Powder would be ok to use. Guess it all depends on why you had to see the nutritionist. Happy cooking, and even more important - happy eating !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!