Gardening again, finally

 Gardening is hope for the future.  But it takes work -  I've been spending the last week writing and rewriting my garden map.  As I learn things I'm having to redo it. 

I got some garlic from my friend Holly and learned that if I'm to plant it in the spring, the time is now. I planted it just before the rain and covered it with the net bag that holds oranges.

I got some lavender but I'm not sure I will want a bunch of it, so I potted it. What you see here is a funnel made from a vitamin water bottle: This makes it much easier to water. Otherwise the water just beads off and rolls down David's shoulders. (David is the name I gave the pot , that looks like the head of the David statue)


I planted today, so many seeds!


Each tray had 12 seed pods so I made some plant markers out of a red solo cup and made a map. 





Here's hoping for a great garden this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

New Foodie projects for 2021

Making Fish tasty and an Apple Tart