On Holiday 12/23/21

 I've been nose deep in books lately. 

In the hopes that I have more time to read books,  I ordered three more in the series I just read. 
Here is the first book: Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger. 



Looking forward to Curtsies & Conspiracies, Manners & Mutiny, and Waistcoats & Weaponry. 
I'm sure some of you have read them already. No Spoilers!

I brought my head up long enough to see the cookie supply was getting low, so I grabbed some rice krispies and made one of my favorites from my Mother in Law's recipes - Date Skillet Krispie cookies. 


This is one of those recipes that come out hot and you have to roll them or manipulate them while hot or they dont work. So you hear a lot of "ooh! Tsss Hot! Ah!" while making them. Cant exactly surprise someone with them haha. 

On the hydroponic gardening front, the lettuce wilted and died, not sure why. Too much fertilizer/nutrients I guess?
But the basil has begun to germinate, so I'm hopeful that that works out. I was able to harvest some sage, rosemary, and parsley from the garden (I know, in December!) but the oregano i pulled out by the root dried up even though I put it in water. (shrugs)
I added some thyme to the mix from Imperfect foods order so I  have some semblance of a fresh garden of herbs, if only for about a week. 

Time will tell if the single potato stalk lives. So far its weak but it's still there. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake