On Holiday - 12/15/21

 Officially on Holiday, I started in on my hobbies. 

Well I really started last night, making a couple batches of fortune cookies. Shh dont tell anyone, its a surprise for my sword class. I thought they looked right but I was told by the Hubby and Daughter that they were too thick/soft in the middle and generally too big. Dang. 



After work I grabbed a bunch of black grapes, unwashed so as to capture the natural mold on the skin, and crushed them into a cheesecloth over a bunch of flour water. Why do you ask? The bread people will tell you this is how you make your own starter for sourdough. Its a long process, though and wont be ripe for baking until New Year's Eve. 

I bought some from San Fran so I can make it sooner though, no patience :)



And now we wait 14 days (with some tasks in the middle). 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake