On Holiday - 12/18/2021

 Today has been dubbed cookie day. 

Because we are doing a gift exchange in my small group for Bible Study, I am making a couple dozen cookies for each person to pass, which means 6 dozen cookies. And eventually more...

I had also planned on making sour dough bread from the sourdough starter I got from the store, but since  I got it yesterday, I dont have enough time to make it for my dish to pass tomorrow (  need like 5 days or so to go from a dry starter to an active one). I didnt remember this, so I went to the local bread store and got a couple of loaves - country sourdough and a lemon rosemary sourdough. I'm sure it will be fine. 

So I have a San Francisco Starter being activated and a hometown Starter on day 4 of 14. Lot's of bread in my future if it all works. 

So I'm concentrating on cookies then. 

I have Snickerdoodles in the oven, and Oatmeal Raisin, and finally Chocolate Chip. 


Snickerdoodles

Chocolate chip and Oatmeal Raisin


I kept changing my mind but these are three cookies I know people like and I can make well. So far the Snickerdoodles smell amazing! 

Later on...

Well the cookies turned out well, but I had to make a second batch to get enough nice looking oatmeal raisin. I think this cookie is just temperamental because it has so much sugar in it. It can burn one cookie and not be done enough on another in the same tray using the same scoop!

For Sunday morning's martial arts practice I made some sugar cookie blossoms: 

Sugar Cookie Blossoms

Nearly done with this batch.

Hopefully you've gotten to do some of the things you love, today too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake