Farm Field Table Chicken

 Let me start by saying the frugal side of me hates the idea of a $27 chicken. 

Typically a whole chicken in Kroger can cost between 6 and 13 dollars. The $13 chicken is free range and organic. But even still, the chicken is just okay .

We had a great chicken from Fresh Approach once, but they never restocked after that. I crave the really great chicken as we had before. 

Is it worth twice the price of the expensive chicken in Kroger? That's what we are going to find out. 

And then, they offered at check out, a discount on all beef hot dogs. I think my son and hubby would like this. Those are a pound of hot dogs for $8. My suspicion is they will be trying out $2 hot dogs. 

The location is close, its within a couple miles. 



We cooked it spatchcock with a butter herb (parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper) at 375 until to came out to temp. 

Pretty good, maybe better than Kroger. 

3 x better? I'm not so sure. 

Gonna try a Fresh Approach chicken next and compare. 

Stay tuned!

Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138