StickyToffee Pudding

What is a Sticky Toffee pudding anyway?

It isnt really sticky, but it does taste like toffee. So toffee fans, listen up. This cake is the bomb!


Toffee sauce is made with sugar, corn syrup, butter, and cream. All good things. Then you add more cream and it becomes this rich sauce. Yum. 

Meanwhile you boil some chopped dates (I used medjool dates, had to remove the pits) and add a bit more water than they say so it can be pureed. I chose the blender since it was a small amount. 


Next is buttering the ramekins. It took me a week or so to get to this recipe because I didnt have enough of these. Turns out the size i got was what i needed for this recipe but not the same as what I had. No biggie. 


From the puree, you can now make the cakes. This cake is good all by itself!


Here is where I messed up. 

See how full the ramekins are? I misread the recipe (that I had perused 3x now) and thought the author meant to fill them to the top. This is not the case. I would go 2/3 or 1/2 of the way up and then smooth the tops at that level. This explains why I only got 4 instead of 6 of them. 


Oops. 


To fix this problem, I cut away the extra batter, and threw it into the larger ramekin, because once you taste this cake you wont want to let a scrap of it go. 

Put them all back in the oven like this...


Then baked them until they got dark like this...



Cut away at the tops so they could slide out...


Big mess. So off to do dishes I go. It helped at this stage to scrape the sides of the ramekins with the knife you see here, then scrub under hot soapy water. 


Here they are clean again. 



Next was to use that sauce we made in the beginning.  1 tablespoon of it at a time.
Then take a cut in half cake and put down the bottom layer as you can see in one of them below. 

Next you put more toffee sauce and the top layer of cake, then more sauce. 


These get baked another 10 mins and it all becomes one  lovely pudding. Only takes another 10 mins, too. It was ready right after dinner with some vanilla bean ice cream. 


There you go. Heaven on a plate. Be sure to try it!
Vicky

Recipe: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sticky-toffee-pudding 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138