Chicken Roma

Chicken Roma


I have to say it was a pretty good day.
I spent hours in the garden and then cooked a fabulous dinner. I even got to read a book!

Since the hubby has been working so hard on his diet, I've been looking for really good tasting recipes that are good for you, and from scratch. This one didn't even seem to take that long (but I was doing what I love, so it may have been an hour or more).

I had to share it with you so you can try this recipe!

The first thing you notice is that the recipe calls for both chicken breast and chicken thighs. I don't think I've seen one like that before.

You cook the chicken first in olive oil until browned and then take them out of the pan to rest. Of course I ran OUT of olive oil, and by the way, if you turn your back on it, olive oil smokes. A lot.
So I supplemented the olive oil with cooking oil. It was fine, and I didn't burn the oil. Whew!


Chicken browned on left. Prosciutto and garlic on the right.
See my extra piece? So gone!
Next you put in the peppers and prosciutto. Chopping peppers can be done a few different ways, but I always go for the easiest way (cooking needs an EASY button!) So I chop off the sides until all the sides are gone, then the bottom. What's mostly left are just stem and seeds.
Except seeds get in the sink, on the cutting board. I even found one in my hair. Just how zealous was I chopping anyway?
Yummy goodness in there. 

You have to cut up the prosciutto into pieces and it browns up like bacon. Supposedly. Except mine didn't. Not really sure why? But it did still taste really good. I had an extra slice out of the package because its so yum. Anyway, moving on.

Once that's done, you put in chopped garlic for about a minute and then tomatoes, wine, and spices. And add in back the chicken. Cover and simmer.

I went back outside at that point but could SMELL it.... oooh yummmm!
I think I'm in LOVE.

Finishing it off, you sprinkle capers over it and then chopped Italian parsley.  This recipe was made for me, I tell you.

I'd planned on making farfalle to go with it, since it creates a sauce, but  my kids are carboholics and pasta cannot be left alone with them now that they can cook. (Be afraid, pasta. Be afraid).

So I went with elbows. It was pretty awesome.

This is what it looks like, don't you want some ?


Here's the recipe. :)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roman-style-chicken-recipe

Enjoy!

Vicky AKA the Clumsy Chef


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138