The joy of popsicles

In the interest of eating better I decided, among other things, I was going to try making Popsicles.
I love popsicles. Love them. I want one every night and i even budget for them in my diet.

I must preface this with I don't know what I'm doing but i'm happy to try things on my own even if it makes a big sticky mess.

So I had some ripe bananas, some frozen peaches, and tried tossing them into the blender.
Well they fit, but they didnt blend. They just kinda sat there while the motor turned.

Ok I added a small little tub of jello. Surely its liquidy enough to make it turn?
No. No it just sat there on top of the bananas and peaches, mocking me.

Humph. Ok so then I added a half of that tub full of water, and with some pulsing, got it to blend. It smelled great and looked like peachy frothy goodness. Yay!

Then I got out my popsicle molds and poured some in. Then took a spoon and removed some. and evened it out. And spilled some. It's kind of sticky.

And then I put the top on one of them, which went well, until I got to the third one, which apparently wasnt seated right, pushed harder because that's what you do right?
No. Don't do that.
I dumped it, right on the clean dishes.

oh yay.

I cleaned up what I could, refilled the popsicle molds and opened the freezer door. And there was of course, stuff in the way. Fish. And other frozen fruit. And those freezy packs.

I rearranged some things and shoved others until i could get them in.

Now I'm hoping that they are good because we are buying a lot of bananas lately and they go bad quicker than you'd think. And I'm tired of banana bread.

Stay tuned...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!