Building a recipe on the fly

1pm:
It's Monday, January 2, 2017. The last day of Christmas/New year vacation.
While I certainly don't want to go back to work, I do want to set myself up for some leftovers for lunch.

After shopping, I have no room in my stuffed fridge for my whole chicken, so that will be part of dinner. (An up coming blog will be dealing with leftovers, I'm guessing.)

Yesterday, as part of the meal I cooked a spaghetti squash. I expected it to take maybe 20 minutes. Turns out it was more like 45 and we had already eaten dinner by the time it was done.

So today I'm going to turn the squash into a lemon and herb dish to go with the chicken.

With it I will make some mile high biscuits and minted carrots.

I'll see you when I get done....


6:49pm:
... Okay the squash is done. Biscuits are done and cooling.

For the Spaghetti Squash:
I heated up some crushed garlic in olive oil, added 1/2 squash to the pan (scraped out the spaghetties), added juice of 1/2 lemon, salt, pepper, and a dash of milk, then a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Cooked that a bit, then added some fresh parsley, chopped up. I like it.

If only the chicken would finish up already.

Oh yea, carrots!.....

I quickly added my frozen sliced carrots to water and set them to boil. Once tender I added them with butter and mint and salt and mixed together.

My family was NOT a fan of the squash. Hubby shuddered. The kids just flat out refused to eat it. So I had all of it, myself. I thought it was great, but I'm a big fan of garlic and lemon.
Then I remembered I wanted leftovers. Duh. Oh well. Garlic is healthy, right?

Here's a pic of the final meal.


Good luck to all of you heading back to work tomorrow!
Vicky a.k.a The Clumsy Chef


Comments

  1. Looks appetizing ! I only tried spaghetti squash once, and didn't like it. but I only put salt, pepper and butter on it. so it was pretty bland. you make your carrots like I do ! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!