Bangers and Broasted

Hi there!
I know, I've been a bit absent lately.
A good friend of mine passed away this Christmas, and we had the memorial service this weekend.
It was beautiful and awful, as these things are, but we were glad to have gone.

Today was the first day I've had to try a new recipe.

The plan was Bangers and Mash. However, Anne aka The Teen Daughter wanted broasted potatoes.

We are fans of Chicken Shack, for the rest of this post we will call them CS (try it if you haven't, its butter-licious).
And we love their broasted potatoes. So today we tried out an Ina Garten recipe. Except, in true form, I forgot the garlic. (roll eyes) So add garlic to this recipe if you make it!

So basically you start with redskin potatoes but despite our 4 trips to various stores (see why at the bottom), we did not buy redskins. We did have Yukon Golds, which we love, too. I think thats what CS uses anyway.

So, with my daughter playing Sous Chef, she cut them into bite sized squares. We doused them with about 1/4 cup olive oil, some salt and pepper, rosemary (dried) and parsley (dried), then mixed them up in a large bowl. You are supposed to bake them at 400F, but I was worried about burning so I started out at 375, then turned them, then put the oven up to 400.

Around the time we flipped the potatoes then turned the pan, the bottoms were brown and crispy. Yum!

I didnt time it really, just about 10-15 ish minutes on 375, flip/turn, then 400 for another 8 mins. I did time that part.

They were pretty good. Not "tater fulla butter" good, like at CS, but "sane momma feeding her kids" good.  :)

Give it a try, its pretty easy and good with steak or sausage.

Vicky aka The Clumsy Chef
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note about why 4 stores:
I recently had a topical patch test done to find out what I'm allergic to. Turns out its all fragrances including cinnamon and cloves. So I had to get all new lotion, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, hair dye, toothpaste, bar soap, and deodorant. These are not easy to find with no fragrance. (for those interested, you have to also get laundry soap with no fragrance, and stop using dryer sheets).
And my prescription medicine was the other allergen. This has been a 6 month trek to find out why I've been so itchy. Finally, I'm feeling better. Hooray for that!

Comments

  1. I also make roasted potatoes, just like this. Love them, with pork chops too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!