lunch and blenders

So I've been at home the past almost week, taking training and running off to get kids and drop off kids and get kids,  in the process (ah the life of working moms).

And I've been thinking about what I eat. I mean, when am I not? But I wanted a good alternative to pop, which is super bad for me. (but really yummy and addictive)

As a side note, I tried out a frittata yesterday (good but cant make this at work, I'm pretty sure). If you dont already know, its basically a quiche without a crust. Or like eggs and stuff, usually vegetables and cheese. You should try these. It even made KALE taste good!

Anyway. Today I warmed up leftover shells and cheese, but the cool thing I invented was a made up fruit drink with just juice and frozen berries right out of the bag. Or maybe someone else invented this but its not a smoothie without dairy is it?

Anyway, yeah i know juice has all these sugary calories and stuff but hey I'm working my way over to healthy, not diving in head first.

See, I put like a cupish of frozen fruit in, add enough juice to fill up over the fruit and turn on the blender.
Then I plug in the blender and nothing happens.
And then I use the right white plug that looks exactly like the wrong plug that I think went to my bread maker and then the blender magically starts screaming. Oh... did I put on the top? Yes, fortunately this time I did.
Whew.

And its really yummy, see the picture. Not the shells, the drink on the right.



Now I just have to find a willing slave to clean the blender.
Anyone? Anyone?

I wonder if I can smuggle a blender in at work....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake