So the Italian parsley is in at the stores. (Big grin) which is really cool because now I can make the parsley sauce. I love parsley sauce on my fish. There are a lot of fish recipes out there, but this one makes me want to actually eat the fish, as opposed to the others I muddle through to get to the carbs I added to my plate. But you need fresh parsley, see, and you can only get it in the warm months. Well, it's warm! I picked up some Tilapia from the big Kroger down the street, the kind they show in the window, and threw it right into the freezer until I had time to work with it. Fish has like NO shelf life in the fridge. None. Once I found the parsley, the soft leafed Italian parsley just tastes better in my opinion, I knew it was time. I thawed the fish, salted it and added pepper. I put butter and olive oil in the big pan and laid the fish in. As that browned, I grabbed the parsley bunch and pulled an entire section out, instead of ripping the leaves off the top....
Hello Readers! I've been asked to teach a class on Middle Eastern food. It was actually a while ago, but some things take time and I forget sometimes to do things. Also I have so many favorites, it's hard to pick what to teach. And if I teach them all we would have to start the day before! So right now, I am going to blog my journey to narrowing down the foods to teach. Or maybe make it more than one class? Or heck, a cookbook. Who knows where this will lead (laughs). World domination! Okay maybe not that far. Today's test came from getting a new grill (thanks to my neighbors who are awesome and got a mega super awesome grill with sensor lights - its really a holy moly kinda thing - so they sold us their original one. ) I'm not a grill person, well, I have not been up until now. So I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm not entirely sure I do quite yet, but I have learned a few lessons: 1.) The grill must be on, properly. If it has a trip switch, c...
I'm starting another project. I know what you're going to say, she never finishes any of these! Yeah, you are right about that. Except for sometimes, when things really seem to pan out, I end up finishing them. I can't explain why some things do and some don't. My brain is always full of ideas, and usually a new one seems better than the one I'm bogged down in, so I switch to the better idea. Maybe i'm just fickle? What makes the cookbook project special you might ask? Besides the fact that considering how to write a cookbook is overwhelmingly huge, given all the ideas I have around it, one of the appeals is that i have to try out and perfect every recipe. There are 120 of them just for dinners. I have a feeling that's going to take a while. And I get to try them all. That sounds exciting and sort of science-projecty. What makes me think I won't wander off to something else? Food is all encompassing in my life. I always come back around to it. If...
Comments
Post a Comment