Backed into the salad bar - week 1

[one unsuspecting Monday morning...]

Aw crap, it's happened. 

Ginger Salad


I got the call from the doctor this morning that my cholesterol levels were bad and my sugar was just over the line of bad. It's the call we know is coming, but we dread. 

Over the last 4 years, after having gotten to my goal weight, I backslid hard. It happens. I got really good at making things full of sugar and fat in culinary school and made treats nearly every night. It's not their fault. 

Everything that was a craving food I ate. I binged at night until I got tired of eating, not giving a second thought to my health, just my waistline. I lamented how crappy I felt in the morning, and how my clothes don't fit and how I hate shopping for clothes. 

I can't say I have the best attitude about this. 

[two days later...]

I'm not sure the scale is right, but it seems like I lost 5 pounds already. I've been eating 3 meals, trying to  lessen the amount of fried food, butter, white carbs, and sugar. I didn't have any brown rice, it turned out, so for dinner I just used a small amount of white rice with my pork stir fry. The hardest part so far has been not to graze at night. I have to do Something

I found that listening / watching comedians keeps my mind off eating. The best one I found was Karen Rontowski. Look her up on Youtube, hilarious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake