New Foodie projects for 2021

Project Time! 
----------------
It's December, the day after Christmas, when I start looking forward to the end of the year and starting fresh next year. 

I've decided that my "new years resolution" this year will be to do and to blog new projects. I'm thinking to blog on Sundays since I don't have too much going on on Sundays. And I like to make things on the weekends. 

On a side note, I actually completed a goal today. I haven't counted the recipes but I created 30+ categories in word documents, such as "Pastries" loaded with all the Pastry recipes,  and put into a Cookbook Library. I now have a copy online and one on my hard drive so I can find all my recipes. Yay! I've been working on this for EVER. Now I feel like I can find what I need. 

But I like to always have a goal. I'm unable to just sit still, knowing I accomplished something. I always strive for something else, something new. I like to think of it as part of my sparkling personality and not some kind of OCD thing. 

For my first project of the year 2021, I'm going to make my own vanilla extract
I have the beans and probably have the liquor, just need the sealable bottles. That's on order for the first week in January. It can take 8 weeks to 6 months to make so I will probably highlight the "getting started" and the "look what I made" stages. 


An alternative to these sealable bottles would be to get sealing wax and filament tape for a wine bottle or something, to make it look really cool. I might make it next year mid summer so it's ready for gifts for Christmas. 

Anyway, after going through all the recipes lately, I found a lot of things I'd like to try to make for other projects as well. 

Things I've never made that could be projects: 
  1. Peanut brittle
  2. Brandy snaps
  3. Linzer cookies
  4. Yogurt
  5. Cinnamon Almonds
  6. Maple walnut fudge
  7. Divinity fudge
  8. Gummy Bears
  9. Pralines
  10. Rock Candy
  11. Fruit Jellies
  12. Pecan Logs
  13. Orange Rolls
  14. Jelly Donuts
  15. Apple fritters
  16. Gulab Jamun (those Indian Donuts soaked in rose syrup)
  17. Cherry Turnovers
  18. Choux au Craquelin
  19. Gougeres
  20. Palmiers
  21. Grape nuts cereal
  22. Rum cake
  23. Angel food cake from scratch
  24. Babkas
  25. Petit Fours
  26. Peach Melba Classic
  27. Figgy pudding
  28. Nutella
  29. Taffy
  30. Fudge sauce
  31. Passionfruit curd
  32. Rainbow Bagels
  33. Yorkshire puddings
  34. Cannoli
  35. Bread wreath
  36. Souffles
  37. Moroccan style pie
  38. Fig rolls
  39. Pork pies
  40. Cream horns
  41. Snow eggs
  42. Crumpets
  43. Pita Breads
  44. Mince Pies
  45. Butter tarts
  46. Bakewell tart
  47. Fougasse Bread
  48. Arlettes
  49. Dacquoise
  50. Chocolate mousse
  51. Entremets
  52. Princess Cake
  53. Baumkuchen
  54. Pretty much any cocktail
Knowing how much we had to change in 2020, I'm not setting dates on these! It's more of a checklist for 2021. 

I'll dig in to what is needed for each of these. Meanwhile here's a song from Norman Greenbaum (known for Spirit in the Sky) when he was part of "Dr West's Medicine Show and Junk Band". 

"The Eggplant that Ate Chicago"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfZ1ZHDAq08 

See you next Sunday!
Vicky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake