A food subscription I can get behind

I dont like the idea of meal kits, mostly because I love cooking, chopping, baking, all of it. I love planning every week and I love eating a really good meal. It makes my day when my meals are just scrumptious.

But the advantages of meal kits are that you sort of have vegetables forced into your diet, if they're coming at you every week. And you dont have to wait in LINE at a store or market, which I just hate I'm so impatient. And I dont like CROWDS. They bump you, they get the thing you wanted, they're in the WAY when I'm on a mission to get something good. I know I need to work on that, but in the meantime while I'm in this bratty phase of my life, I am just in love with convenience.

Then Imperfect Foods started to court me. The idea of eating the foods that would have been thrown out because they are small, or kind of ugly, or theres too much of it. Saving those foods, and offering them to us at a discount. They even have a big discount for those in need via SNAP. They only deliver once a week so they can save on gas thus save on emissions. It's not perfect, i'm sure, but it has a mission worth backing.

And compared to a CSA, I wouldnt myself, be wasting food because I get too much.. you see we can change our order every week, dropping and adding in other things. It also leads me to trying new things.

Those are my reasons. You may not want to partake in it, which is fine with me. There is something to be said for picking out the exact food you want rather than having someone else do it.

So, what did I do with my first box?

Brussels Sprouts was something I hadn't been getting, typically, so I grabbed those first, chopped them up and cooked them with some bacon. (Oven bacon is so so good, you should try this method if you havent, makes the texture so wonderful).








That night I made flat iron steak and angel biscuits to go with it. What a great meal, one of my best.




I also got three really small avocados, which is great because I'm the only one eating them at my house, so they are individual!!

There are a lot of onsie twosies fruits that are great for throwing in my lunch bag on the way to class.

And sweet potatoes were the veg for tonight's dinner of Beef Stroganoff.  Happy tummy!

Finally we got some chocolate discs which I was thinking to bake with. But so far all we did was taste a disc (and they were goooood!)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!