Professional Baking cookbook project - Almond Pastry... delayed, but, yes there will be cookies

 One thing Julie Powell never had to do during her project was to setup a grocery pick up and wait for a day to get her ingredients! I didnt think of that. 

I forgot shopping in person is no fun for me anymore with the high aisles and crazy cart drivers coming around the corners all the time. Plus I'm lazy and they offer it for free. So I ordered what I need for this week, and of course I waited too long and now cant pick them up til tomorrow. Duh. 

Also so much for making stuff with what I had. I didnt have much of anything turns out. Ha! I think I need a cow and some chickens for all the butter and eggs I'm using. 

This delays my Almond Pastry, darn it. I certainly dont have enough almond paste. 

I do have some cookies to make, however, for my Cookie Charity at work, now that I'm stepping back into the office on Wednesdays. I also did this thing where I ordered tee shirts for the team I'm on and mentioned that in the meeting today. I heard crickets, but I did get asked, "but are there going to be cookies?" 

Yes there will be cookies. 

Now to see what I have at home to make them with.... Stay tuned. 

While the cookies are baking, and I can sit down a moment, I will tell you. I went with Choc Chip, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin, and a Keto blueberry bread. And get this -  Hubby went out and got eggs. 

He probably didnt realize I was going to use half of them, and I think he got them for his breakfast in the morning, but it saved me. I had to use a half dozen for today's recipes!

Dont worry, Hubby wont go eggless, he has another half dozen in there and I'll be getting more tomorrow. 

I figured out how to mark the cookies cheaply, too. Not everyone can tell a chocolate chip from an oatmeal raisin. 

The cookies go in a wax paper bag, and a sharpie actually works on them. So I wrote a code (CC for Chocolate Chip, OR for Oatmeal Raisin, and PB for Peanut Butter) I'm a genius, I know! ;) I wonder if they will crack the code?

Now I have to figure the logistics of bringing in a bunch of cookies. I need to save some of each for tomorrow's Iaido class, too. 

Here is my Process:

Make the dough 



Scoop onto a baking sheet with parchment



Bake and cool on a rack



Labeled Packaging



Set up the bags to bring to different destinations


I'm off to continue the process til done. 

Have a goodnight, all!

V.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake