Fudge Brownies: Does Martha know what she's talking about?

Hey there, fellow foodies!

I think we all have some recipes that we love, and some that could use some fixing up. (Or is it just me? ☺)
One recipe that keeps coming out dry is my brownie. This is not a good thing, a dry brownie!
I mean, brownies are supposed to be soft and fudgy, and "gooey in all the right places".

So I now need to make a confession to you; I use some Martha Stewart recipes.
I know. Scandalous!

Sure she's famous for her "better than you, queen of homemaking" attitude and then later lying about a stock sale, landing her in jail then house arrest ...  But the woman knows how to cook.

So today's blog is about trying out her brownies.
What could go wrong?

It's pretty simple, really, but it may require some ingredients you'd have to get on your next shopping trip. Namely, semi sweet bakers chocolate.
Now, don't be afraid of it, it's really a good thing... oops sorry Martha I stole your line!
You just melt 2 boxes, slow and low with a stick of butter, turn off the heat, add 1 1/4 cups of sugar, and 3/4 tsp salt.
Now here's another part that may freak you out a bit - you then add 3 eggs, one at a time and whisk them in. I promise it will be fine. You've been cooking low and slow, right? So then with the heat OFF, the eggs will not scramble, I promise.
So once you do that, its a matter of 3/4 of flour whisked in, and poured into an 8x8 pan lined with foil then sprayed with cooking spray.
So as far as brownies go, it's easy, it's one pot, and the batter is yummy (shh don't tell anyone)

The test today is, will this end up being a fudgy brownie or another dry disappointment?
They certainly look the part. A nice crust formed on top.

I should mention, I had a moment of panic when I accidentally deleted the recipe (before I realized that I printed it).
And other recipes called for baking soda... oh no! I didn't add a chemical leavener! Was I going to have flat brownies?
But on checking the recipe again, I realized it was the eggs giving it volume. Whew!

Waiting for them to "cool completely" in the pan is a form of torture, I'm sure of it.



I flipped them over to get them to cool faster. While this works, the lovely crunchy crust falls right the heck off, and you have to reassemble the brownies.


But they were truly amazing brownies.
Ooey gooey on the inside , not dry at all!

Yay Martha!

---Vicky aka the Clumsy Chef

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!