The Sugar Cookie Series: Gluten Free

 After studying what I need for VGF (Vegan, Gluten Free) Sugar cookies, I realized I don't have what I need for Vegan, since I forgot to get butter replacement. I decided I should break up into Gluten free only, Vegan only, and Vegan Gluten free over the next few weeks. Today would be Gluten Free.  

The recipe can be rolled out but it can also be made into drop cookies. Going for something simplistic and at the same time trying out various Valentine's Day sprinkles, I decided I would do a half sprinkled cookie and try various ideas until I came up with something I liked. 

First was a set of pink, red, white, and purple hearts. This was cute but I had to be sure to include a good mix of every color or it changed the cookie.



Hm... 

Kind of a disturbing bleeding heart kind of look, straight out of the oven. And the cookies look like brains.  Maybe these sprinkles were not meant to be cooked?


Next was a set of red hearts with gold arrows. Somehow I ended up with a LOT of arrows and not too many hearts, so I had to make sure I had at least 5 hearts on each cookie. It looks kind of chaotic though. Like it doesn't know where to find love? Confusion? Hm..



Yeah these are kind of smeary too. And they still look like brains. 

Okay last thing to try, how about just colored sugar? It's kinda boring but at least the brain look will be hidden. 



Or does it look MORE like brains because its now pink?

Well that's it for this week. Next week I'll get some vegan stuff and try the vegan ones next time. 
(Maybe if I iced them...)

Stay tuned!

Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!