06092023

 8:00am 

A grey-haired lady walks by the big Living room window that sits by my Work from Home desk, which reminds me to take the dog for a walk and that I have a haircut appointment this afternoon. I'm eating half of a whole wheat raisin bagel, a bit burnt on the one end, while my coffee pot does it's thing and the dishwasher runs last night's dishes. My daughter is asleep on the couch and my husband is working in his chair in the Family room. 

Already my phone is buzzing in my jeans pocket. My neck to shoulder muscle on my right side aches from "doing too much". It's become my M.O. lately, doing too much. Sword class last night involved a lot of swinging, going from one cut to another and not always the easy path. 

And yet what's on my mind again, is always on my mind, is the 35 extra pounds I carry. It was 20 yesterday, but thanks to Facebook, I realized I looked my best 12 years ago, when I got my black belt in karate, and I know I weighed about 145 then. Sigh. 

If I'm going to go through the hell that is dieting, I should at least feel good about how I look at the end, I figured. 

I look behind me and the dog is curled up on my Living room couch, asleep already, knowing it's Friday and I'm home for the day. He's never far from me when I'm here and often touching me with a paw or his back, curled up next to me. 

The phone was Angie texting reminding me of dinner plans with the boys tomorrow night at Polish Village so I updated my meeting in Outlook to say 6 instead of 530 and sent it off to the hubby. 

I wonder what diet food is to Polish cuisine?

A quick check on Facebook and I find that Colleen has a "Vicky Pile" of books for me to read. I'd fallen asleep last night to a library book by Alice Wong called Year of the Tiger for my book club this afternoon. I won't have time to read more than the half a chapter I read last night; the rest of the club has read half the book by now. Next to that is my The Struggle Is Real book for Bible study on Sunday. I think I only have 2 chapters left but I've already lost interest in it. This reminds me that I need to make a vegan dessert and  a gluten free dessert for Sunday, and my grocery pickup is due tonight for Saturday morning. I'd better add something for that.

I see vegan fertilizer and wonder why I would want that in soil?... but carry on looking for something other than ice cream that is vegan. The brownie mix I find is in store pickup only. Not going to work. I head over to Amazon to see what the great oracle can get for me. As typical, I can have the 2 cookie mixes, one Vegan one gluten free, to my house by 10pm tonight for an extra 3 dollars. Sold. 

I go back to Kroger and remove my favorite chips and chocolates, and add Doritos for the boys (I'm allergic and so wont eat them), and add some Orange Roughie instead for some dinner meal. 

That done, it's time to figure out why my MS Teams keeps blinking black screen at me, as soon as I get some coffee with Splenda so I can save every calorie. And then, I have to work. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake