Cajun Pecan Tilapia, Corn Pudding, and Wild Rice

Pecan any kind of fish is yummy, in my opinion, so I was excited to try this recipe. Turns out it was pretty easy and pretty quick!


Lay out the fillets on a sheet that has been sprayed with oil. Mix up some olive oil, lemon, cajun spices and .baste on to the fish. Next mix up finely chopped pecans, parmesan cheese, parsley, bread crumbs. To finely chop the nuts, I use my Pampered chef chopper and bang it about 8 times. I love that thing. Pecans are really soft so they almost paste up if you chop them more. 

Sprinkle this over the fish and bake for about 10 minutes at 425F. 

But I really should have started with the corn pudding because it turns out it takes a HOUR to bake! Unfair. I love corn pudding. 


This takes 5 eggs! You just crack them and mix them up with a whisk. 
Then add a can of creamed corn plus 2 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels. 


Add either half milk and half heavy cream or.... half and half. This is what I had so I used it. Turns out I had exactly the amount. Hows that for luck?
You also add flour and baking powder and mix it up.

It turns very pale. Then you just spray the glass 13x9 pan with spray oil, pour it in and bake for an hour at 375. So you know, you have to turn the oven down, right? Just dont forget.

Here's where my luck ran out.
I was making some wild rice according to the package directions, and it says to boil the rice and some water and butter in a pot, then bring it down to a simmer and cover.
So I was trying to find a cover that fit. I found one too small so I put it back Then I found one too big. As I was going to pull it back off again, it caught the lip and down it went. Luckily my daughter and I ran out of the room so we didnt get splashed.


That'd be me sweeping up rice and soaking up hot water. Sigh. Thus my nickname, "clumsy chef".

But in the end the corn pudding looks amazing. The pecan crusted fish is yummy and I did get wild rice afterall.

Here are the recipes. Enjoy!

Sweet Corn Pudding

5 eggs
18 ounces or 2 1/2 cups canned sweet corn, drained
14 ounces, or 1 3/4 cups canned creamed corn
1 1/3 cups milk
1 1/3 cups heavy cream
Generous 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Butter a glass 12 by 10-inch baking dish and set aside
In a large bowl, whisk eggs together. Using a spoon, stir in sweet corn, creamed corn, milk, cream, flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour mixture into butteed baking dish. Cook for 1 hour until it is golden brown and slightly puffed up on the top. Serve immediately.


CAJUN PECAN CATFISH
          INGREDIENTS
          2 tablespoons olive oil
          2 teaspoons lemon juice
          1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
          1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
          1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
          2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
          1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
          1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
          4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning and thyme. In another bowl, combine pecans, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley and 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture.
Place catfish on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with remaining oil mixture. Spread pecan mixture over fillets. Bake 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Day 10: 40 Days of Lent: Cookie Brownies and Double Chocolate muffins!