Cupcake Class

I'm sitting in my comfy chair with my tired feet up.
Preparing for a class is exhausting, even when it is one you would really enjoy, like decorating cupcakes.
I make my fair share of cupcakes, sometimes 4 dozen a week, for charity.
But sometimes you get stale and stop thinking of cool ideas. I'm hoping to get some new ideas and maybe a new technique or two.

To prepare, you not only need to have cupcakes already made, you need to use their frosting recipe and tint 1/4 of it pink. You have to pack your tips, paper towels, a hand towel, a small spatula, 2 bags with couplers, a box, a plate, and a cupcake holder.

I had cupcakes made, no problem.
But the frosting was a bit more difficult.
First my beaters would not fit into the mixer and I had to use one whisk, one beater. Made for a wobbly wonky mixer! Then it was getting super thick, as I had to put 2lb of confectioners sugar in there (the really big bag).
After getting done it looked like I'd made butter.
I messed around some looking for the pink gel color and noticed the recipe had called for 1/3 cup water that I forgot. oops.
Needless to say the entire kitchen is now covered in bits of frosting, but it tasted pretty good.

I managed to get some of it tinted what I would call a blushy purple. The container seemed pink but when I added the color, it was maybe lilac?

Ah well, what will they do turn me away?

Wish me luck tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Virus Shutdown, Day 53

COVID-19 Virus, Day 138

Writing a cookbook and Coffee Cake